2013 was the very first tour of New Zealand by the Hank Marvin Gypsy Jazz Ensemble. Before the tour took place Neil Collins from Radio Dunedin had the opportunity to interview Hank on the telephone before the tour.
- Click on the audio file above to listen.
- Hear Hank with his typical dry sense of humour.
- Once again a piece of history we are privileged to listen to;
- The tour was presented and organized by Gray Bartlett
If it was not for Gray Bartlett and his generosity I would have never met hank Marvin and I would have not had the opportinty to take great photos and video of the concerts. The day Gray phoned me at the beginning of 2013 and informed me of his intention to promote the tour just floored me. What has gone on since has been a dream come true.
- I met Hank Marvin for the first time in 2013.
- My involvement during that tour was another dream that came true.
- 2015 was a fantastic year as I got personally involved with touring both Australia and New Zealand with hank and the boys;
- It continues to happen. We make our own luck do we not?